Small cell lung cancer
There are two types of small cell lung cancer.
These two types include many different types of cells. The cancer cells of each type grow and spread in different ways. The types of small cell lung cancer are named for the kinds of cells found in the cancer and how the cells look when viewed under a microscope:
- Small cell carcinoma (oat cell cancer).
- Combined small cell carcinoma.
Smoking tobacco is the major risk factor for developing small cell lung cancer.
Continue reading our other pages on our website for more information about small cell lung cancer:
- Diagnosing small cell lung cancer
- Staging for small cell lung cancer
- Small cell lung cancer treatment options
Visit the National Cancer Institute where this information and more can be found about Small Cell Lung Cancer or ask your cancer care team questions about your individual situation.